What is it?
Curcumin is an antioxidant-rich compound found in Turmeric.
What does it do?
Curcumin operates as an antioxidant, defending against cellular damage and blocking the enzymes that cause inflammation in the body.
Why we chose it
Curcumin is rich in micronutrients whose protective benefits have been used in traditional medicine for centuries, while also being rigorously backed up by modern science.
Why not a generic curcumin?
Our curcumin is the only one in the world proven to work in dogs and offers up to 29x greater absorption.
Dogs with arthritis given Curcumin for 20 days showed less inflammatory gene expression than those given the same duration of NSAIDs.
- Transcriptome modification of white blood cells after dietary administration of curcumin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug in osteoarthritic affected dogs
- Colitti, M.et al (2012). Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, 147(3–4), pp. 136–146
- 18 dogs - 6 healthy and 12 with symptoms of osteoarthritis
- 20 days
- Università di Udine
- Temporary kidney dysfunction: supplementation with Meriva® in initial, transient kidney micro-macro albuminuria
- Ledda, A. et al (2020). Panminerva Med, 61(4)
- Chemopreventive Effect of Phytosomal Curcumin on Hepatitis B Virus-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma in A Transgenic Mouse Model.
- Teng, C.-F. et al (2019). Sci Rep, 9(1).
- Phytosome Complex of Curcumin as Complementary Therapy of Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Improves Safety and Efficacy of Gemcitabine: Results of a Prospective Phase II Trial.
- Pastorelli, D. et al (2018). Pharmacological Research, 132, pp. 72–79.
- Short-term dietary curcumin supplementation reduces gastrointestinal barrier damage and physiological strain responses during exertional heat stress
- Szymanski, M. C. et al (2018). Journal of Applied Physiology, 124(2), pp. 330–340.
- Curcumin alleviates postprandial glycaemic response in healthy subjects: A cross-over, randomized controlled study
- Thota, R. N. et al (2018). Sci Rep, 8(1).
- Interaction study between antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, thyroid replacement therapy and a bioavailable formulation of curcumin (Meriva®)
- Hu, S. et al (2018). European review for medical and pharmacological sciences, 22(15), pp. 5042–5046.
- Curcumin potentiates cholesterol-lowering effects of phytosterols in hypercholesterolaemic individuals. A randomised controlled trial
- Ferguson, J. J. A. et al (2018). Metabolism, 82, pp. 22–35.
- Oral administration of a curcumin-phospholipid formulation (Meriva®) for treatment of chronic diabetic macular edema: a pilot study
- Mazzolani, F. et al (2018). Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci, 22(11), pp. 3617–3625.
- Efficacy and Safety of Phytosomal Curcumin in Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Panahi, Y. et al (2017). Drug research, 67(4), pp. 244–251.
- Effects of a curcumin-based supplementation in asymptomatic subjects with low bone density: a preliminary 24-week supplement study
- Riva, A. et al (2017). European review for medical and pharmacological sciences, 21(7), pp. 1684–1689.
- A naturally-inspired, curcumin-based lecithin formulation (Meriva® formulated as the finished product Algocur®) alleviates the osteo-muscular pain conditions in rugby players
- Di Pierro, F. et al (2017). European review for medical and pharmacological sciences, 21(21), pp. 4935–4940.
- A Case of Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Successfully Resected after 14 Months Therapy with Gemcitabine and Meriva®.
- Soldà, C. et al (2016). IJPPE, 2, pp. 1–4.
- Cryoablation and Meriva have strong therapeutic effect on triple-negative breast cancer
- Chandra, D. et al (2016). OncoImmunology, 5(1), e1049802.
- Curcumin changes the polarity of tumor-associated microglia and eliminates glioblastoma
- Mukherjee, S. et al (2016). Int. J. Cancer, 139(12), 2838–2849.
- Nutrigenomic activity of plant derived compounds in health and disease: Results of a dietary intervention study in dog
- Sgorlon, S. et al (2016). Research in Veterinary Science, 109, pp. 142–148.
- A novel phospholipid delivery system of curcumin (Meriva®) preserves muscular mass in healthy aging subjects
- Franceschi, F. et al (2016). European review for medical and pharmacological sciences, 20(4), pp. 762–766.
- Curcumin Lowers Serum Lipids and Uric Acid in Subjects With Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Panahi, Y. et al (2016). Journal of cardiovascular pharmacology, 68(3), pp. 223–229.
- Antioxidant supplementation and exhaled nitric oxide in children with asthma
- Tenero, L. et al (2016). Allergy Asthma Proc, 37(1), pp. 8–13.
- The role of a novel oral curcumin delivery form (Meriva®) dietary supplementation in meibomian gland dysfunction
- Mazzolani, F. et al (2016). Minerva Oftalmol, 58(1):1-5.
- The effect of curcumin (as Meriva) on absolute lymphocyte count (ALC), NK cells and T cell populations in patients with stage 0/1 chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Golombick, T. et al (2015). Journal of Cancer Therapy, 6 (7), 566-571.